LOUVE GARMENT FACTS
- 95% of our garments are made in Quebec, Canada.
- Most of our garments are organic and -or OEKO-TEX CERTIFIED.
What is OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®?
One of the world's best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances, standing for customer confidence and high product safety.
- 25% of our production is made with Upcycled fabrics to reduce carbon imprint & reduce water consumption.
- Our 50-50 Fleece are knitted in Montreal with the Canadian standard of high environmental respect they deserve.
- All our leggings are made with 100% recycled polyester & Oeko-Tex certified.
- Once known to be rough and a bit unpliable, rPet (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate) has improved so much that it is now virtually interchangeable with conventional polyester while being environmentally superior.
- Apparel created from, recycled polyester aim to be continuously recycled with no degradation of quality, allowing us to minimize wastage. This means polyester garment manufacturing could potentially become a closed loop system
OUR QUALITY FABRICS
Louve is a collection service of textile waste. We collaborate directly with some designer brands, knitters and apparel manufacturers to collect & recycle their end of rolls or left over rolls from past collections and find the best way to divert It from the landfill & create limited online series.
Our organic cottons have a unique softness. Like regular cotton, organic cotton is durable, absorbs moisture, and retains all of the qualities of regular cotton, without compromising human health. It uses less water to produce than regular cotton.
Our high quality Rayon of Bamboo Oeko-Tex certified.
SHERPAS & LEGGINGS
Our Sherpa fabrics are part of our ECO collection. Double sided brushed face, made with a Repreve certified fabric. Recycled polyester, otherwise known as rPet (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate), 13 made from post consumer waste and plastic bottles that have been diverted from landfills rather than relying on new petroleum to produce conventional polyester. In doing so, recycled polyester conserves water and energy while emitting less greenhouse gazes.
Derived from, renewable Beechwood -Trees sourced from sustainable forests, it is very high wet strength and our softest fabric.
Soft, natural & biodegradable. Lyocell , better known as Tencel, is a fiber made from, the wood pulp of trees that are grown and replaced on specialized tree farms. Unlike most cellulosic fabrics, Tencel produced using recyclable, Earth-friendly solvents. When blended with cotton, Tencel adds wrinkle-resistance and the lustrous feel of a silk.
Chitosante Extreme is a treatment made with chitosan, biomass from, crab or shrimp shells.
Certified by the EPA (Environmental protection Agency), It is Intended as a treatment in order to give antimicrobial and anti-fungal activity to the materials.
Chitosante fabrics Inhibit the growth of non-health related organism such as bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus. is antibacterial, odour resisting, moisture Wicking, breathable, fast-drying, anti-statlc and has UPF 50.
Our fleece are knitted from quality fibers, in small productions, locally in Quebec, supporting our local manufactures.